Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh Kitty!

Over the past 13 months our two fur babies have been nothing but patient with Alex - patient beyond our wildest dreams. Syd our fluffy white male furball is by far the most patient. He loves being pet so much that he tolerates Alex "patting" him and I use that in the most general of terms! Usually it is pat and then grab a fistful of fur - but he deals. Not once has he hissed or swatted and for that I am grateful. I was truly worried about him.

Sally on the other hand has had NOTHING to do with Alex. From day one she has stayed out of the way and out of his reach - she is almost 11 and set in her ways. She just keeps to herself until he is in bed and then comes around for her love. Recently though I think she has decided she is going to stand her ground and not put up with him trying to poke and hit her. It started as her swatting his hand (no claws!) and he did not like that one bit! But today he pushed her too far - he was banging on the couch trying to reach her and she swatted him and the claw was out - she just grazed him on the back of the hand - and he did not even know it! I saw her catch his PJs so I knew she scratched him. A tiny little scratch on the back of his hand. I cleaned it out and put some medicine on it. He has to learn and I guess there are going to be some scratches along the way - as long as its not his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment