Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

The beginning of the end?

On of the things I am most proud of as a first time Mom is nursing Alex for the last 13 months! The only time he has ever had formula is during the few weeks he was in the hospital and the first week at home because we had to supplement my breastmilk with some extra calories to help maintain his weight. Normal BM is 20 calories/ounce and he was taking 22 calories/ounce. We are introducing milk in his sippy cup and he is doing very well as you can see from previous posts - I figured the two hardest to switch would be first thing in the morning and before bed. Well this morning I was totally rejected - Alex kept biting me! The biting thing has been getting more and more consistent over the last week or so and harder and harder - and he thinks its funny - like everything else in life. So I made him a sippy cup of milk and he sat with Chris and drank the whole thing! I am sad yet happy that he is choosing to make this transition on his own. He is a VERY independent kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment