Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Nothing like a 4 hour nap (and my Dr rant)

to cure what ails you! Since Wednesday night Alex has had a fever of 102 or so. We think its because of the MMR vaccine that he got 10 days ago - perfect timing for side effects. Good thing the doctor had me write on the calendar when 10 days out would be. Unfortunately Alex has been unable to go to daycare because of his fever so Chris has been working from home.

We went to the doctor yesterday to rule out ear infections - I always think he has an ear infection - and what an awful trip - we NEVER should have gone. I hate seeing doctors other than Alex's pedi - so far I have only liked maybe one of them. This guy was the WORST.

In walks doctor to Alex who was already crying because we were changing his diaper and he did not want it changed. Doctor proceeds to listen to Alex's chest while he is SCREAMING at what I thought was the top of his lungs - HOW can you hear anything with that racket? Strike 1. Doctor then proceeds to look in Alex's ears - with me holding him down and him still screaming - now at what is the top of his lungs. Incompetent doctor decides that there is ear wax and he cant see and thus needs to clean out his ears. Lovely. Strike 2. Now Alex ramps himself up to a whole new level of SCREAMING. So after cleaning and looking and cleaning and looking and cleaning and looking (and not really getting much out) he GIVES UP!!! At this point I am holding Alex and he starts to gag from all of his crying and luckily I knew what was coming so we went over to the sink where Alex proceeded to throw up - cleanly in the sink - YOUR WELCOME Dr. because what I should have done is let him puke on YOU! Then dumb Dr. says "Well maybe now he feels better" - Gee thanks we all feel better after crying so hard we throw up! Now because he cant see in Alex's right ear - his problem ear anyway - we have to go down the hall to this machine that will tell us if there is fluid in his ear! So all along there was a machine and you made my kid this upset with your incompetence!!!! Strike 3. I would rather see no one than this guy again! All he can come up with is maybe its the vaccine, maybe its a virus. THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment