Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12 (and a 1/2) Month Doctor's visit

Yesterday was our 12 month doctors visit - we had to cancel the first one due to illness so here are the stats:

22 lbs 7 oz (44%)
30.5 inches tall (although he was very wiggly so I think he's taller) - 75%
47 cm head circumference - 75%

To compare to 1/11/08 when he was just home from the hospital - 5 lbs 11 oz and 19.75 inches! He has gained 17 lbs 3 oz and grew 11.5 inches since birth!!!!

All % are unadjusted for age! He is doing great - he was so good for Dr. Benz and his ears still have fluid in them but its clear - lets see how things go. He said we can turn the carseat around - especially if his feet are bunched against the seat. He can have honey - although we are not big honey people. He should start meat - we tried some of that nasty baby crap today - never again - I almost gagged opening it and Alex cried eating it - I will make him some myself.

Then the nurse came back and gave him two shots - one for chicken pox and the other for MMR. Now I've done the reading and understand the studies but that vaccine and its issues bother me but I had him get it anyways because just my like he would be the kid with measles.
He really did not like it and screamed and screamed and screamed - but nursing helped. Then it was off to the lab to get his blood drawn for lead and anemia check. And again he screamed and screamed and screamed - not because the finger prick hurt - oh no - he was screaming because we were restraining him and he wanted NOTHING to do with that! Once it was over he had gauze and tape on his finger and that was enough to soothe his woes - and he tried to eat it.

To compare to me and Chris when we were comparable ages:

Chris - 22.5 lbs 19"
Me - 25 lbs 31.5"

So still Alex is right in line with Chris' weight and my height as he has been all along! We go back again for a 15 month and that should be it for the shots until he is 4!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that meat is so nasty! I always just gave them real meat cut up very small. They never liked the baby food stuff! I can't believe how big he's gotten since birth!

    ReplyDelete