Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

EI 6 Month Evaluation

Today was our 6 month EI evaluation. Alex did great! He has made a lot of progress in a lot of areas and yet they still found a way to keep him in the program. I am a bit annoyed and yet deep down I knew he would qualify for speech. If he would have mimicked some of what they were doing I dont think he would have qualified and he has been mimicking me all night! But of course he was getting tired towards the end and would just not cooperate with what they were asking him - to blow raspberries or click his tongue. He scored way above his age for his social skills (20 months) but his expressive language scored at 9 months. He had to be at least above 10 months not to receive services. Also his gross motor skills are a bit on the low side - 11 months which did not surprise me either. He does not have the best balance and they dont like the fact that he W sits - even though we move his legs all the time. It is just poor muscle tone. So we decided to have an educator come and do speech stuff with him once a week and then have consultations with our OT once a month or so to see how he is doing with his gross motor skills and eating issues he has had. I could not commit to two mornings a week of EI unless one could be a weekend but I knew that would not fly. I think Sue our OT is a bit disappointed she wont be coming anymore on a regular basis but I think there are many more kids out there that will need her services more than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment