Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Special Care Nursery Reunion

Today we had a fun outing - we were invited to the Special Care Nursery Reunion - the hospital where Alex was born and spent the second week of his life at - invited all the Special Care kids for a morning of magic, snacks, free bike helmets and more. We got there about 11 and watched some magic and ran into some of the nurses who took care of alex and one of the babies that was there the same time as Alex!

I have to say that the nurses at both Childrens and in Special Care are amazing wonderful people who made the two weeks we were with them bearable. They were loving and warm and bright people who loved the babies. I was so happy to see one of the nurses especially - she took care of me right after Alex was born and he was taken to Childrens and held my hand as I cried. She taught me how to give Alex a bath and wash is hair when we came back a week later. I also saw the nurse who gave our breastfeeding class - about 2 weeks before Alex was born - although of all the people in the room I was due last - she was shocked to see me Christmas morning. She even recognized me from class that morning - she knew it was way to early to see us. They all remember Alex as "Rocky" - his first nickname - because he looked like Rocky Balboa after he lost the fight.

It was also such a nice day out today here that we went for lunch and ate outside - Alex has a fever again this afternoon and really did not eat much today. I think its teeth - I can see them coming and I cant imagine how painful it is!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I was just thinking about ours today, it's coming up in a few months. I was wondering how many people went to theirs. I'm glad to hear it was a nice experience.

    ReplyDelete