Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peanuts stink big time

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to give Alex peanut butter. Here and there he has had TINY bites of a piece of english muffin with it on there or toast but never has he had a larger piece. Deep down I knew we were going to have issues and I was not ready to deal with it. Daddy got sick of waiting and Alex wanted some toast he was eating so we were both home so we went for it and this is the result:



Less than two bites later he was complaining his teeth hurt so I gave him a teether.  Less than 5 minutes later his face and hand were covered in hives!  I think his tongue was beginning to itch and thus he was telling me his teeth hurt!


And this....




Luckily Benadryl cut the reaction pretty quick and I had some in the house.  A trip to the Dr. and we now have Epi Pens and Alex is not allowed to eat ANY NUTS until we figure this out.  :(

I feel bad for him - he is now that kid who everyone has to be careful around.  I hope he is not ultra sensitive.  Daddy LOVES peanut everything.  Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment