Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

My budding Marine Biologist

I have loved the NE Aquarium for as long as I can remember.  If there was one place I wanted to go as a kid it was there - the fish, the huge tank in the middle that my dad used to sit me on the edge of as the fish swam below, the penguins, the dophin and sea lion show.  I was in love.  The Aquarium and the beach fueled my desire to be a marine biologist - and technically my college degree is in marine biology however I am now a molecular biologist. 

The last time I was at the aquarium Alex was still "in the oven" per se.  We took our friend who was visiting on a cold, wet October afternoon.  It has been almost 2.5 years since then and I got to take Alex for the first time last Friday.  What a blast we had!

When you walk up the seals are swimming out front.  As you enter the first thing you see is the penguins - Alex LOVED them.  We spent A LOT of time watching them - jump off the rocks, swim, take a shower in the "rain".
This is Alex looking over the glass at the penguins.

His 2nd favorite thing was the tide pool area where you could touch starfish, urchins, crabs and other small animals.  He got to hold a starfish and an urchin.  There were LOTS of tears when we had to make room for other kids.
We had lunch at the cafe and spent some more time walking around after but Alex was very tired by that point.

Another favorite part was the walkway where his shirt glowed - anything white glows a kind of purple color.  He thought it was so funny - we had to go up and down the ramp lots of times just to see the polar bear on his shirt glow.

I love seeing things through his eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment